Getting "'stsadm' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." when trying to run stsadm command line tool? This is because stsadm tool is located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN folder and when you try to access it from other folder (typically, command line opens in "C:\Users\Your-User-Name") , command shell may not be knowing where exactly stsadm.exe is located.
So, How to run stsadm from any directory from your SharePoint servers? Simple. Just add the stsadm's location to the "Path" Environment variable. here is how:
- Start > All Programs > Control Panel > System.
- Select Advanced System Settings, click the Environment Variables button.
- Under System Variables, Scroll to Path and click the Edit button.
- Add the following to the end of the Variable value field:
For SharePoint 2010 it would be: ;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\14
- For SharePoint 2010, Set this path to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN
- For SharePoint 2013, Its goes as: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.