When I try to open a SharePoint 2010 list in Datasheet View, It scolded me by throwing below error:
The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one ore more of the following reasons:
- A datasheet component compatible with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation is not installed.
- Your Web browser does not support ActiveX controls.
- A component is not properly configured for 32-bit or 64-bit support.
"The list is displayed in Standard view. It cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons: A datasheet component compatible with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation is not installed, your browser does not support ActiveX controls, a component is not properly configured for 32-bit or 64-bit support, or support for ActiveX controls is disabled."
First, you need to have an Office installation in order to use the datasheet view.
Yes, You may have Ms-Office installed. but the Edit in Datasheet view functionality is not supported if you install 64-bit Office 2010. However, the functionality is available if you install 32-bit Office 2010. The ActiveX control needed for the datasheet view is incompatible with the 64 bit version of Office.
Fix: Install Office 2007/2010 Access Runtime - Data Connectivity Component:
- Office 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en
- Office 2010 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10910
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.