When I configured my first SharePoint 2010 sandbox, I tried creating access services and received below error:
So, its telling us to enable Session state. isn't it?
How to Enable Session State for SharePoint 2010:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell
- Type in the following cmdlet: Enable-SPSessionStateService
- Provide values for the following parameters:
- Type in the Database Name as "SP2010_Farm_Access_Service" (DatabaseName: SP2010_Farm_Access_Service) – This will create a new database in SQL names SP2010_Farm_Access_Service
- Do an IISReset
- Now, the Access reports should work!
Verify the following thing if you still get errors in access services in sharepoint 2010:
- Access Services is installed part of the SharePoint 2010 Enterprise CAL
- Make sure Service Infrastructure is enabled
- Manage Services on Server - Access Database Service is started
- Manage Services Applications - Review the Settings, No need to change any performance tuning settings
- Manage Web Applications - Make sure application is associated with the Access Servic
- Make sure all the features are activated
- Central Admin -> System Settings -> Manage Farm Features -> Access Services Farm Feature
- Central Admin -> Manage Web Applications -> Select Web Application hosting the Access Services Site -> Manage Web Application Features -> SharePoint Server Enterprise Web application features
- Site Collection -> Site Settings -> SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features
- Site Collection -> Site Settings -> SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features
- To the Access Reports on the web, Access Services requires
- SSRS Add-in for SQL Server 2008 R2 (It doesn’t require SQL 2008 R2)
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.