You may receive this error when trying to publish a InfoPath Form in SharePoint 2010:
"The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service. For more information, contact your server administrator."
Resolution: You need to install the ‘State Service’. Open the PowerShell for SharePoint, Run the below cmd-lets:
1. Create Session State service application:
$serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name "State Service"
2. Create a State Service database and associate it with a service application
New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name "SP2010_State_Service" -ServiceApplication $serviceApp
3. Create a State Service Application Proxy and associate it with the service application
New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name "State Service" -ServiceApplication $serviceApp -DefaultProxyGroup
Other settings to verify:
- Verify that the State Service Service Application is enabled: Go to "Application Management" >> "Manage service applications", Check whether the "State Service" is enabled.
- Verify that your web Application is associated with the State Service Service Application: In "Central Administration", Go to "Application Management" and select the "Configure service application associations" in "Service Applications" section.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.