Sometime this error pops out from SharePoint Services Administration command when the user do retractsolution or deploysolution like the following
stsadm -o retractsolution -name "%PackageName%" -local -url %TargetWebUrl%
it occurs if anomalies deployment is running for the same package in the back end due to some previous deployment has been crashed before for some reason.
check services and start the "Windows SharePoint Services Administration" service if it's stopped and then run the following command:
stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
To avoid this problem do the followings:
- Look for the deploy jobId to break the running by the following command:
- stsadm-o enumdeployments
- Cancel the deploy typing the following command:
- stsadm -o canceldeployment -id "GUID jobId"
- Check that deploy has been canceled by typing the following command:
- stsadm -o enumdeployments
Related post: SharePoint WSP Solution Deployment Stuck at "Deploying"
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.