Found Upload multiple documents and Explorer views are disabled (in some cases, they are missing!) in a SharePoint 2010 site!
Here are the possible causes and solutions for upload multiple documents, explorer view disabled or missing in SharePoint 2010:
- As of now, This feature is available only in IE 32 bit. (Not in 64-bit internet explorer, Google chrome, Firefox)
- Try adding the site in Trusted sites' list in IE
- Check whether You have not enable "Client Integration" in SharePoint
- IE security setting may blocked the STSSYNC ActiveX add on - Enable it from "Manage Addons" in IE (check for STSUpld UploadCtl Class.
- This feature depends on Ms-Office, Check whether you have Office installed on the client. If you have it installed, Try running the office diagnostics or even try re-installing office
- Disable the IE ESC if enabled!
- Check the path of the folder in which you are trying to upload. It should not exceed the 256 character limit.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.