In one of my development box, Logs grown rapidly and occupied disk space. By default logs are stored under: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS
I wanted to STOP the logging altogether. Here is what I did to disable logging in SharePoint:
- Go Central Administration >> Operations >> Logging and Reporting
- Click on Diagnostic Logging
- Customer Experience Improvement Program: select No, I don't wish to participate
- Error Reports: select Ignore errors and don't collect information
- Trace log: clear the entire Path.
- Click on Usage Analysis Processing
- Uncheck Enable logging
- Click on Information Management Policy Usage Reports
- Uncheck Enable recurring policy usage reports
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.