Configured SharePoint 2010 Search in a new environment. When trying to search, received: Internal server error exception:" Error! Here are some workarounds:
- Restart the SharePoint timer services/ IIS/ SharePoint Search service / Restart Server
- Enable "Search Server WebParts" feature on the Site Collection level.
- Run the "Search and Process" Timer Job
- Make sure your search service application is associated with right proxy! (Go to Application Management >> Select Configure service application associations under the Service Application heading >>Select the default Application, select Your sevice app, Then click on set as default)
- ensure that the "SharePoint Server Search" and "Search Query and Site Settings Service" services are running
- Verify your AAM Settings
- ensuring that the application pool is assigned correctly
- Remove and reinstall the search application
- Install the Hot fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976462
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.