Issue: In Datasheet sheet view, users unable to edit anything. Its in always Read-Only mode.
Check the following to fix SharePoint list in datasheet view is read only:
- Content Approval must be turned OFF
2. Some of the columns are dependent on the Microsoft Access, Check whether MS-Access is installed in client machine.
3. Check whether you have permission to edit
4. The document in the current row may be checked out by a user.
5. Attachments are read-only in a list that requires content approval. You cannot view or edit attachments in any of the views.
6. Certain columns, such as Created By and Modified, are always read-only.
7. There may be an unresolved conflict or error in the selected row or column. Resolve the conflict or error before attempting to edit the selected row or column.
Update: To use edit in Datasheet view, even with content approval turned ON, use my trick Edit in Datasheet View - Even When Content Approval is Turned ON
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.