Recently, an end user reported the issue: Opening/Saving Office 2007 Documents to MOSS 2007 is very Slow. Here is his detailed complaint:
When I am waiting on a document to save or load, I cannot move to another Excel document even if it was open at that time. Even when I do a 'save as' to save to my C drive, it takes forever.
It is very frustrating not to be able to have documents available when needed. I cannot give quick responses when am asked for information. Can you please help?"
Here is the simple fix for these kind of issues:
- Open up Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools > Internet Options
- Click the Connections Tab > then click the LAN Settings button
- Uncheck the option "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Click OK through all the dialog boxes to save your settings
- Close and re-open your Internet Explorer
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.