- Site Settings Page
- Site Actions Menus
- Lists and Site Column headers
- Quick Launch Menu
- Certain Messages displayed in out of the box webparts
Follow these steps to enable multilingual sharepoint 2010 sitesStep 1: Download and Install the appropriate Language pack
Multilingual support for SharePoint 2010 is provided via language packs. Download and install the desired SharePoint Foudation & SharePoint Server Language Packs.
- Foundation: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=4731
- Server: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3411
Important: For SharePoint Foundation 2010, You can just install SharePoint Foundation 2010 language pack alone. But for SharePoint Server 2010, both SharePoint Foundation language packs & SharePoint Server language packs must be installed.
For Multilingual User Interface, a corresponding language pack has to be installed for every language. For instance, To enable the "Hindi" language interface in ShaerPoint, you have to download & Install the Hindi language pack.
1. Download the Language pack for appropriate language:
2. Install the downloaded Language packs:
Step 2: Enable the Language packs
1. Open the SharePoint site collection, Go to the ‘Site Settings’ via the ‘Site Action’ menu
2. Under the Site Administration select "Language Settings". “Language Settings” won't appear under Site Administration section in Site Settings page until language packs are installed.
3. Choose the languages that should be available for end-users and Click Ok to Save the setting.
5. Select the language to view the site in that language. SharePoint 2010 multilingual interface for Site settings page should look like:
Technet reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff805062.aspx
Update: In SharePoint 2013, you won't see the options to switch languages from site settings Menu. SharePoint 2013 works based on browser settings. So Go to Internet explorer's options to change the Language!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.