Some of the end users got the following message when trying to open a SharePoint Document Library in explorer view from Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008.
Error : "Your client does not support opening this list with windows explorer"
Try these solutions:
- As of now, This feature is available only in IE 32 bit. (Not in 64-bit internet explorer, Google chrome, Firefox)
- Try this hot fix: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15123 after the fix, if SharePoint prompts for credentials, then implement this fix as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943280/en-us
- Try this hot fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841215
- If you have IE 10, Try: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2846960
- Enable "Desktop Experience" pack in case of Windows 2008 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772567.aspx
- Check the path of the folder in which you are trying to upload. It should not exceed the 100 character limit. (In IE6 especially)
- Add the website to the Trusted Sites list in Internet Explorer
- Enable/restart the "WebClient" service in Windows
Still facing the trouble? Use the Alternate to Open with Explorer
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.