Had a requirement to copy web part pages from one site collection to other. These options failed, I got the page with out any web parts placed:
- Explorer view copy paste
- Download a copy and upload
- SharePoint Designer copy-paste
1. Open Both the Source and Target sites in SharePoint Designer
2. Right click the source web part page and then choose "New From Existing Page"
3. This will create a new page with existing page's content. Click on Save button
4. Now, Enter the target site's location in Save dialog box, and then Save the file!
So Simple trick isn't it?
Another approach if you have server access: You can use SharePoint Deployment Wizard utility to achieve the same. You can use SharePoint Designer workflow's Copy Item action also!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.