Requirement is to redirect users to Thank You Page in SharePoint Survey on clicking Finish button.
One quick trick comes to my mind is: Appending Source parameter to the Survey's NewForm URL.
Not a bad idea, But the problem is: It doesn't matter whether you click on "Finish" or Cancel button, You will be redirected to "Thank You" page! Also, it won't work when you have Branching enabled in SharePoint Survey!
How to Create a Thank You page for SharePoint 2010 Survey:
Lets overcome the above issue with SharePoint designer.
1. Create a new Web Part page (not Wiki page!) and place some descriptive content and/or images in it. I've made the below page. Named it as "thankyou.aspx" under SitePages.
2. Open the site in SharePoint Designer, Go to "Forms" section. Create a New Form by clicking on "New Item Form"
3. Give it a Name, Choose form type as "New Item Form" and enable "Set as default form for the selected type" and click on "Ok" to create the new form.
4. Edit the New form we've just created. Open the "New.aspx" page in SharePoint Designer. Go to Design view and delete all two "Finish" buttons.
5. Insert SharePoint Form Action button from "Insert Menu >> SharePoint >> Form Action Button"
6. Select the Form Actions "Commit" and "Navigate to Page" and click "OK"
7. Click on the "Form Action" input button and go to code view. Update the code for input button as:
8. Save and close the page. That's all!
See the SharePoint 2010 survey thank you page in action:
Another method to add thank you page in SharePoint 2010 survey:
If you don't want to use SharePoint designer method as illustrated above, There is an another way. Create an additional question at the end in the survey, as "Thank You for participating in Survey! Click on Finish to complete." of "Single Line of Text". Add page separator just before this last question. Go to the Survey, Navigate to the last question and Edit the page. Insert a CEWP, place the below code in it.
Redirect Users to Thank You page from NewForm.aspx in SharePoint
Update: Use this Script in a Script Editor Web part for SharePoint 2013/2016:
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.