Issue: SharePoint WSP Solution got stuck at "Deploying" stage for hours while trying to deploy using STSADM command!
Try these workarounds to fix the solution deployment stuck at "deploying" stage.
- Make sure all your WFE & DB Servers in the Farm has no Time zone different! Make them aligned!
- Try running: stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs as the first step!
- Cancel the deployment, Remove the WSP and Re-deploy:
- stsadm -o enumdeployments - This will give the GUIDs of all solution in "Deploying" State. Cancel the deployment using stsadm -o canceldeployment <GUID> command. E.g.:
- stsadm -o canceldeployment -id "95823b2b-8c92-4d08-99d5-7cf14c7be602"
- Delete the stuck solution with stsdm -o deletesolution -name mysolution.wsp -override
- Redeploy the solution.
- Try deploying for a single web application rather all.
- Try Restarting Timer Job on all servers of the Farm.
- Try Clear Config Cache
- As the last: Reboot the server!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Five Challenges in SharePoint Security
...And How to Solve Them. Free White Paper