While extending existing SharePoint web application to change its port is one option, there is an another workaround to change port of SharePoint web applications (Applies to both SharePoint 2010 / SharePoint 2007).
How to change SharePoint web application port number?
We can change the port of a SharePoint web application, by performing these two steps:
- Change IIS Bindings
- Edit Alternate Access Mapping
Step 1: Change IIS Bindings:
- Go to IIS Manager, Expand the "Sites" node
- Right click on your target web application >> choose "Edit Bindings"
- Select the bindings associated, Click on "Edit"
- Change the port from 85 to 80 and update the bindings.
- Open Central Administration >> System Settings >> Alternate Access Mapping
- Select the target web application
- Click on "Edit Public URL" and change the Default zone URL from: http://intranet.crescent.com:85 to http://intranet.crescent.com
- Click "OK" to save changes. That's all! We've changed SharePoint web application port number from 85 to 80.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.