Got this error message when trying to save a new list item. SharePoint didn't allow me save!
The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again.
It also repeated in few more situations like when trying to create new custom list, trying to add new folder, When performing a Search, etc.
Cause: Observed, This issue is closely related to lack of server memory!
Add more memory (RAM) to resolve this issue permanently!
As for temporary workaround, you can try these solutions:
- Monitor your Server RAM usage. Try closing some programs running on the server.
- Restart "Search Host Controller Service" service in Services console (services.msc)
- Perform IISReset on SharePoint WFE(s)
- Make sure anonymous authentication enabled for SharePoint web application in IIS
- Run IE with out any Add-ons. You can also try using browsers other than IE (Try with Firefox/Chrome)
- If Security Token Service is in stopped state, Start it. Try recycling it, if its already started.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.