Image Maps in HTML defines clickable areas in Images. You can specify a list of areas (or hot spots) that will be used as the links within an image. We can create an image map for any classifications such as frequently accessed items/region/department, etc.
Lets see how to create an Image map using SharePoint designer 2010.
- Open you SharePoint site in SharePoint Designer, Create a new HTML page.
- Insert >> Picture >> Choose your image from SharePoint site for Image map.
- Click on the picture. Now from the ribbon, Click on Format tab, Click on Hotspot Icon and choose the relevant Shape for your clickable region in the image.
- Select the clickable region by drawing the shape on the image. Once done, you'll get the prompt to enter Link URL.
- Once done with all clickable regions, Go to "Code View" of SharePoint designer and copy the code from <P> tag to <P> tag as in the below image
- Go to your SharePoint page, Edit and Insert a Content Editor Web Part. Insert the HTML code copied from SharePoint designer via "Edit HTML Source"
- Save and Publish the changes.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.