SharePoint 2010 search drop downs such as "All Sites", "People" missing in site collections? Shows only "Search This site..." in search box? Well, That's the default setup in SharePoint 2010.
Enable SharePoint 2010 add search scope drop down:
How to enable search scope drop down in SharePoint 2010? simple, follow these steps:
- Go to Site Actions >> Site Settings
- Click on "Search Settings" link under Site Collection Administration group.
- Under "Site Collection Search Center" section, Choose "Enable Search Scopes" and enter the URL of your search center.
- On "Site Collection Search Dropdown Mode", choose "Show Search Dropdown"
- Click "Ok" to save your changes.
Now the searh box should show you a drop down with "All Sites", "People" Scopes in SharePoint 2010 sites along with "This Site" scope.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.