Problem: While configuring SharePoint 2013 Farm, I tried creating a Secure store service and got this error message from Central Administration: "Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator."
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: The requested service, 'http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas' could not be activated. See the server's diagnostic trace logs for more information..
- Make sure SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool is up and running in IIS Application Pools section.
- Make sure "Secure store service" and "Claims Windows token Service" are started in Manage services on server page of SharePoint Central Admin! If they are stopped, Start them from Farm admin login.
- The service account in IIS Application pool must have "Logon as Service" and "Logon as batch" rights granted. Verify them both.
- Grant "FULL" control to "Farm Account" in Secure store service application. Go to: Central Administration >> Application Management >> Manage Service Applications >> Pick Secure Store Service >> Click On "Permission" in Ribbon >> Add your Farm account and set Full Control.
- Do an IISReset and the problem should be solved!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.