Requirement: Need to get Feature ID of a particular feature to activate it programmatically.
Solution: We can find any feature's ID using Internet Explorer Developer Tools or with Firebug in Firefox. Here is how:
- Go to your Site collection Manage Features page (either "Manage Site Features" or "Site Collection Features" E.g: https://Crescent.sharepoint.com/sites/Sales/_layouts/15/ManageFeatures.aspx?Scope=Site)
- Press F12 key to activate IE developer Tools or Firebug console in Firefox.
- With the select element - cursor tool from these debuggers, Locate "Deactivate" button of your target feature. Look at the code, You'll get the Feature ID from the DIV surrounding Input button element.
- You should get the Feature ID from the "DIV ID" just above "Deactivate" button.
- Activate/Deactivate Features Programmatically in SharePoint
- SharePoint Online: Activate Feature using PowerShell
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.