- Update passwords on IIS Application Pool identities. Make sure they are not stopped or Offline. Update the identity password for "SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool " application pool and start it.
- In most of the cases, Its due to web.config issues! Restore the web.config file from backups or Create a dummy web app, copy-paste the web.config file from it.
- If your SharePoint Farm account password is changed/expired, Update it with: stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin "domain\username" -password "password"
- Make sure IIS Web sites are running. SharePoint Timer service is running. SQL Server instance is running in Database server.
- If you are experiencing this issue with SharePoint 2010 Central Administration site, try re-provision it: How to Re-Provision SharePoint Central Admin Site . Try Running the SharePoint Configuration wizard again - don't disconnect.
- It could be due to SQL Server issues! Check the database server connectivity issues.
- Try Re-register Asp.net framework by running : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<<.NET VERSION >> aspnet_regiis.exe –iru
- Make sure your SharePoint setup account is added under Administrator group.
- Do a simple IIS Reset!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.