"This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator."
Please not, Not just "Lookup" fields are counted for threshold! If you have below columns in the view, they are also counted:
- Managed Metadata columns
- People/Group Columns (including: Created by, Modified by)
- Workflow Status column
In case you want to increase this limit, follow these steps:
- Go to your SharePoint 2010/SharePoint 2013 Central Admin site
- Click on Application Management >> Manage web applications
- Select your target web application >> Click on "General settings >> Resource throttling" from the ribbon.
- In the Resource throttling page, You can increase the List View Lookup Threshold from the default value to whatever you need.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.