In SharePoint 2013 farms on Windows Server 2012, its annoying that we've to choose "Run as Administrator" every time when opening Central Administration, Command Prompt, SharePoint Management Shell, Windows PowerShell,etc. and failing so would introduce some weird issues such as: buttons and links missing in SharePoint Central Admin ribbon, Getting Access denied for Farm administrators, etc.
- Go to Server Manager >> Choose "System Configuration" from Tools menu. (Shortcut: MSCONFIG)
- Under Tools tab, Select "Change UAC Settings" and click on "Launch" button
- Drag the slider down to "Never Notify" and click "OK".
But wait! We are not yet done. Make this registry change!
Unlike Windows Server 2008 R2, Sliding down UAC button to "Never notify" will NOT disable UAC in Windows Server 2012. You got to do one more fix in windows registry:
- Open Windows Registry Editor (shortcut: regedit)
- Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
- In the Right Pane, locate the "EnableLUA" DWORD value. Double click and set its Value "0" (zero)
- Exit Registry Editor and then restart your Server.
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" -Name "EnableLUA" -Value "0" Shutdown -r -t 0This script disables UAC and restarts your Server automatically!
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.