Sign in as different user menu option is missing in SharePoint server 2013, it has many possible workaround which are explained in my earlier post: Sign in as Different User in SharePoint 2013 - Workarounds
How to add sign in as different user in SharePoint 2013:
To enable sign in as different user in SharePoint 2013, Lets build a feature based solution using Visual Studio:
- Open Visual Studio 2013 (or 2012) >> Click on File >> New >> Project
- Choose: Office/SharePoint >> SharePoint 2013 - Empty Project. Name your solution and click on "OK"
- Enter the site for debugging and choose "Farm Solution" (Doesn't matters even its a sandboxed solution too!) and click on "Finish" button. wait for Visual studio to create project structure.
- Now, in Visual studio, Right click the "Project" node from solution explorer window, choose Add >> New Item menu.
- Choose "Module"and give it a name. Click on Add.
- This module brings a feature "feature1" and "Sample.txt" File by default. Remove the sample.txt from the solution and rename Feature1 to something meaningful, I've made it as same as my project name - SignInAsDiffUser
- Update the elements.xml file with the below code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/"> <CustomAction Id="LoginAsDifferentUser" GroupId="PersonalActions" Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.StandardMenu" Sequence="1000" Title="Sign in as Different User"> <UrlAction Url="/_layouts/closeConnection.aspx?loginasanotheruser=true"/> </CustomAction> </Elements>
- Now, Right click the Feature, "SignInAsDiffUser" from solution explorer and choose "View Designer"menu item.
- In the feature designer page, Give a name and description to your feature. Set the scope for the feature, I've made it : Site, So that it will be applicable for the entire site collection. Make sure the module we've created is included in the feature.
- Right click the solution in visual studio, choose Deploy. This will automatically Build,deploy and active your feature. Go to site collection features and make sure "Sign in As different User"feature is activated.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.