Experiencing "Configuration Failed" error message while running SharePoint SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard right after new installation/patching. It got stuck while performing configuration task 3 of 10. Creating the configuration database...
Which ended with an error message:
Failed to create the configuration database.
An exception of type System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException was thrown. Additional exception information: Some or all identity references could not be translated."
- Make sure SQL Server is running on a service account which is granted with local administrator access rights! (Not running on accounts such as: local service, network service!)
- Check TCP/IP and Named Pipes protocols are enabled in SQL Server.
- Check your Firewall. Turn it off for time being. Check your event logs for any antivirus related blocks.
- Make sure your setup account (or the account you are currently logged in and running the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard) is granted with : dbcreator, securityadmin and sysadmin access rights in SQL Server.
- Check the application pool identity for "SharePoint central administration" site! It should be your Farm account and not "network service"
- Do not use your service account username has with more than 20 characters (SharePoint uses the pre-windows 2000 username)
- If all fails, Run PSConfig command line, and then Try running the Products configuration Wizard GUI again!
psconfig -cmd configdb <-create/connect> -server <db-servername> -database <database name> -user <service-account-username> -password <password> -admincontentdatabase <content database name>
- Delete the config database in Database Server. Delete the Central admin site and App Pool in IIS. and try running the wizard again.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.