Ever wonder how to restore a deleted file in SharePoint? Like Windows, We've "Recycle Bin" feature in SharePoint. If you have Contributor permission or more, You can restore your deleted files.
Usually, files in Recycle Bins gets deleted permanently after 30 days. SharePoint 2013 uses two-stages of recycle-bins:
- End-User Recycle Bin - Files deleted goes here first. If deleted from here, its moved to "Administrator Recycle bin". You'll see all files deleted by you here.
- Administrator Recycle Bin - Site-collection administrator have access to it.
Follow these steps to recover deleted documents in SharePoint 2013.
- Go to your SharePoint site Home page, Click on Settings icon at the top right corner of the SharePoint site and select Site Contents.
- In the "Site Contents" Page, Click on "Recycle Bin" link
- Select desired files to restore and click on "Restore Selection" link. Click "OK" button to Confirm the restore confirmation prompt.
How to Access Administrator Recycle Bin in SharePoint 2013:
You must have site collection Administrator access rights to get Admin Recycle bin.
- Go to site settings page >> Recycle bin under Site Collection Administration
Related Post: SharePoint Recycle Bins - Lets get it Crystal Clear
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.