Its a common requirement in SharePoint 2013 to change its home page to some customized ones. In SharePoint 2013, to set homepage these options are available:
Change default home page on SharePoint 2013 Team sites:
- Navigate to your desired page
- Click on "Page" tab, Click on "Make Homepage" button from the ribbon.
- Confirm to the "If you make this page the home page for this site, users will no longer be able to see the old site home page. Do you want to set this page as this site's home page?" message box.
SharePoint 2013 set default home page on Publishing sites:
The above method works for Publishing sites also. However, there is an another method too!
- Navigate to site settings >> Click on "Welcome Page"
link under "Look and Feel" section
- Enter the home page URL either directly or by Clicking on "Browse" button and choosing the right page.
- Click on "Ok" to save your changes.
To change home page in SharePoint 2013 with SharePoint designer, follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Site Pages" library, or any other library where your target page exists
- Right click on the page and choose "Set as Home page" menu item from the context menu. Alternatively, you can use the Ribbon button also as highlighted.
If you want to set home page programmatically, Here is the code:
Change Home page using PowerShell:
Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell –ErrorAction SilentlyContinue #Variables $WebURL="http://intranet.crescent.com" $HomePageURL="SitePages/default.aspx" #Get the Web $web = Get-SPWeb $WebURL #Change Welcome page $RootFolder = $Web.RootFolder $RootFolder.WelcomePage = $HomePageURL $RootFolder.Update() $web.Dispose()
Related post: How to Set Welcome Page Programmatically in SharePoint
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.