Problem: Add items greyed out for Anonymous access users. We got to enable anonymous users to add list Items in a SharePoint list.
Solution: By default, Add/Edit/Edit access is disabled for anonymous users. They are granted only with "Read" access. But for a "Contact Us / Feedback" list in our public SharePoint site, we had to enable anonymous user to submit their questions and feedback (add new list items).
- Go to the list settings >> Permissions for this list
- Click on "Stop Inheriting Permissions" from Permissions tab of the Ribbon.
- You'll see the "Anonymous Access" Icon appearing on the ribbon. Click on that.
- Enable "Add Items - Add Items to lists" check box and click "Ok"
- Here is the result in action
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.