SharePoint Web Applications are actually an IIS Containers at top level. Each web application we create from SharePoint, creates respective site in IIS and a content database in SQL Server.
To delete a SharePoint 2016 Web Application,
- Open SharePoint 2016 Central Administration Site
- Click on "Manage web applications" link under "Application Management"
- Select your target web application, and from the ribbon, click on Delete button.
- Specify whether you would like to delete the content databases and IIS web sites.
- Confirm the Prompt once to delete a web application in SharePoint 2013 and your web application will be deleted momentarily.
SharePoint delete web application zone:
To delete SharePoint web application extension, From SharePoint Central Administration:
- Click on Administration Management >> Manage Web Applications
- Select the web application you wish to remove the extended zone from >> Click on Delete button drop-down and choose "Remove SharePoint from IIS Web Site"
- Select IIS web site & zone to remove, (make sure its not your "Default" zone!)
- Set the value for "Delete IIS web sites" to "Yes" and click OK to delete web application zone.
You might also like:
SharePoint Usage Reports
Usage reports, collaboration and audit for SharePoint.
Document SharePoint Farm
Automatically generate SharePoint documentation.