Yes, that was a common requirement from our SharePoint users! They want to restrict other users from changing views from the views drop-down in SharePoint. Here is how we can make it happen:
- Browse to the target list or library
- Click on Site Action Menu > Edit Page
- On the Web Part Click Edit > Modify Shared Web Part
- Change Toolbar to either ‘Summary’ or ‘No toolbar’
- Now users won’t get the select ‘View’ drop-down menu
This will hide the “View” drop-down! The same thing can be done with the SharePoint designer as well.
And for users who need access, you can create a target audience navigation link that links them to the proper view of the list/library.
What if the user types the View URL directly? We can’t stop them, right? So, the perfect solution is Set Permissions and Restrict Access to SharePoint Views