Update all items in a list using Nintex Workflow

Recently, I had a requirement to update all items in a List based on other list item’s change event. So decided to implement using Nintex workflow.

Designed the Nintex workflow as this to update all items in list.

run nintex workflow all items list

Here are the details actions in workflow designer:

Query the List to get all items:

nintex run workflow all items list

Apply For-Each to loop thru the list items:

nintex workflow all items

Update the list items:

nintex update all items in list

So simple! Isn’t it?

8 thoughts on “Update all items in a list using Nintex Workflow

• April 25, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi,
    I tried same above steps to update current date in column and it is working fine. Thank you for solution.
    But there is workflow error. Please help me how to fix this error and update current date in column everyday.

• April 25, 2016 at 6:46 AM

Hi,
    I tried same above steps to query the list and then loop and update the column with current date and it is working fine. But i am facing issue with newly entered items are not going through approval workflow they are getting into reject and error in workflow. Please help me to solve this error.

• February 19, 2016 at 6:19 AM

when open the nintex work flow (list) in SharePoint server2013 it will take 2 to 3 mints how to trouble shoot please help me any one

• May 14, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I’m fairly new to Nintex Workflows and am trying to build a workflow that loops through a list and updates the Status field. In step 2, where do you get the Index “Variable”? Is this just another variable, and if so what type?

• July 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I want to copy one item form document library properties to a list with nintex workfolw but I get a error that says. The column should be identical. Do you have any idea?

• April 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hi Saludeen,
    The last three images are not loading. Can you check?