10 thoughts on “Configuring Managed Metadata Service in SharePoint 2010 – Step by Step Guide

• March 21, 2017 at 3:51 AM

Hi when I try to start this service the page goes to processing and just hangs there. Also I noticed that the SharePoint Foundation web application service will get stuck in provisioning. I forced it to online with Powershell but I think there is still something stuck/hanging. Any thoughts?

• October 28, 2015 at 2:33 PM

great post! do you know is there a way to organzie the data better? for example we have tons of terms and you just have to scroll and scroll through all the options in the form. Is it possible to make it a pop-up box to show more items at once?

• June 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Just am crazy to read all your posts in this blogs. it is awesome….

• November 27, 2012 at 5:50 AM

AMAZING! Very well done

• November 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Hi Salaudeen,

I am unable to rename the group terms and/or term sets on Central admin. Also, i don’t see the term store in site collections. I am an admin on all the site and CA as well.Please let me know what is going wrong.

Thanks in advance!

• November 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Hi Avinash,
      Looks like this feature is not enabled. Just enable it by:
      Enable-SPFeature -id “73EF14B1-13A9-416b-A9B5-ECECA2B0604C” -Url http://site-collection-url.

You have to add your self as Term store Administrator to resolve your first issue.

Let me kmow the outcome.
      Regards,
      Salaudeen

• August 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

This is an amazing step by step guide. Well done Salaudeen 😉

• August 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM

This is an amazing step by step guide and you also point out many gotcha’s on the way. Well Salaudeen I will have to keep and eye on your blog 😉

• July 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Excellent Its worth a million dollars ! Very informative. Thanks a lot !

• July 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Hi salaudeen can you give some explanation on how to achieve “re-assign” task in a share point designer 2010 workflow?? The user can choose a name from people picker and click the re-assign button and the task will be assigned to them. This is what i need to know. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.