Issue: SharePoint WSP Solution got stuck at “Deploying” stage for hours while trying to deploy using STSADM command in SharePoint 2007!
Same thing happened in SharePoint 2013 also:
Try these workarounds to fix the solution deployment stuck at “deploying” stage.
- Make sure all your WFE & DB Servers in the Farm have no Time zone difference! Make them aligned!
- Try running: stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs as the first step!
- Cancel the deployment, Remove the WSP and Re-deploy:
- stsadm -o enumdeployments – This will give the GUIDs of all solution in “Deploying” State. Cancel the deployment using stsadm -o canceldeployment <GUID> command. E.g.:
- stsadm -o canceldeployment -id “95823b2b-8c92-4d08-99d5-7cf14c7be602”
- Delete the stuck solution with stsdm -o deletesolution -name mysolution.wsp -override
- Redeploy the solution.
- Try deploying for a single web application rather than all.
- Try Restarting Timer Job on all servers of the Farm. Restart SharePoint Timer Service on all servers in the Farm
- Try Clear Config Cache: How to Clear SharePoint Configuration Cache using PowerShell?
- In “services on server”, make sure “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service” is running. If not, start it!
- Check “SharePoint Administration Service” in the services console. If stopped, start it.
- If any one of your SharePoint Web front end servers (where the SharePoint web application is running) is turned off, You may get into this issue. Either turn it ON or remove the server from the SharePoint server farm.
- As the last: Reboot the server! If nothing helps, have a look at the SharePoint logs/Event Log to check root cause.