Fix Custom SharePoint 2010 Logo Missing in Web Part Pages
SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2007 web part pages doesn’t display the custom logo because they override PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea place holder.
Even though the new logo you applied reflects on all other places, Web part pages are still displaying SharePoint 2010’s default logo. Well, Its a known issue. To fix this on web part pages, Navigate to:
- Site Actions >> Edit the page
- Click on “Title Bar Properties” on the Page tab
- From the properties pane at right, add the URL to your site logo under Image Link
- Apply to bring Logo on SharePoint 2010 web part pages
While the above steps are fairly simple and feasible for a single page, would be a pain in the *** for site with a large amount of web part pages, isn’t it? So, let’s do the change at the master page level. Here is how:
- Open the master page in SharePoint designer
- Find the element: <SharePoint:SiteLogoImage name=”onetidHeadbnnr0″ and replace the name attribute from “onetidHeadbnnr0″ to something else. (say: onetidHeadbnnr1)
- Save and close.Check-in/Approve the master page if required.
Fortunately, This issue is solved in SharePoint 2013!