The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again
Got this error message when trying to save a new list item. SharePoint didn’t allow me to save!
“The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again.”
It also repeated in few more situations like when trying to create new custom list, trying to add new folder, When performing a Search, etc.
Root Cause: Observed, This issue is closely related to lack of server memory!
Add more memory (RAM) to resolve this issue permanently! As for workarounds and other possible causes, try these solutions:
- Monitor your Server RAM usage. Try closing some programs running on the server.
- Restart “Search Host Controller Service” service in Services console (services.msc)
- Perform IISReset on SharePoint WFE(s)
- Make sure anonymous authentication enabled for SharePoint web application in IIS
- Run IE with out any Add-ons. You can also try using browsers other than IE (Try with Firefox/Chrome)
- If Security Token Service is in stopped state, Start it. Try recycling it, if its already started.
- If your list is associated with workflows, make sure these two services are stared in Application servers: Service Bus Gateway and Service Bus Message Broker