Enable SharePoint search scope drop-down:
How to enable search scope drop down in SharePoint 2010? Simple! Follow these steps:
Make sure you have a Search Center site created already, before proceeding to these steps.
- Go to Site Actions >> Site Settings
- Click on “Search Settings” link under Site Collection Administration group.
- Under “Site Collection Search Center” section, Choose “Enable Search Scopes” and enter the URL of your search center.
- On “Site Collection Search Dropdown Mode”, choose “Show Search Dropdown”
- Click “Ok” to save your changes.