Problem: While configuring SharePoint 2013 Farm, I tried creating a Secure store service and got this error message from Central Administration: “Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator.”
Meanwhile, it left an event with ID: 8306 in the Windows event log:
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: The requested service, ‘https://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas’ could not be activated. See the server’s diagnostic trace logs for more information.
- Make sure SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool is up and running in the IIS Application Pools section.
- Make sure “Secure store service” and “Claims Windows token Service” are started in Manage services on the server page of SharePoint Central Admin! If they are stopped, start them from a Farm admin login.
- The service account in the IIS Application pool must-have “Logon as Service” and “Logon as batch” rights granted. Verify them both.
- Grant “FULL” control to “Farm Account” in the Secure Store service application. Go to: Central Administration >> Application Management >> Manage Service Applications >> Pick Secure Store Service >> Click On “Permission” in Ribbon >> Add your Farm account and set Full Control.
- Do an IISReset and the problem should be solved!
Let me know which of the above step solved your problem!