How to Recover Deleted Files (Documents / List Items) from Recycle Bin in SharePoint 2013 / 2016?
Ever wonder how to restore a deleted file in SharePoint? Like Windows, We have a “Recycle Bin” feature in SharePoint. If you have Contributor permission or more, You can restore your deleted files.
Usually, files in Recycle Bins get deleted permanently after 30 days. SharePoint 2013 uses two stages of recycle-bins:
- End-User Recycle Bin – Files deleted goes here first. If deleted from here, its moved to “Administrator Recycle bin”. You’ll see all files deleted by you here.
- Administrator Recycle Bin – Site-collection administrators have access to it.
How to Restore Deleted Files in SharePoint?
Follow these steps to recover deleted documents in SharePoint 2013.
- Go to your SharePoint site Home page, click on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the SharePoint site, and select Site Contents.
- In the “Site Contents” Page, Click on the “Recycle Bin” link
- Select desired files to restore and click on the “Restore Selection” link. Click the “OK” button to confirm the restore confirmation prompt.
How to Access Administrator Recycle Bin in SharePoint 2013?
You must have site collection Administrator access rights to get the Admin Recycle bin.
- Go to site settings page >> Recycle bin under Site Collection Administration
where you will get the End user Recycle Bin and Items Deleted from End User Recycle Bin.
Related Post: SharePoint Recycle Bins – Let’s get it Crystal Clear