Problem: Add items greyed out for Anonymous access users. We got to enable anonymous users to add list Items in a SharePoint list.
By default, Add/Edit/Edit access is disabled for anonymous users. They are granted only with “Read” access. But for a “Contact Us / Feedback” list in our public SharePoint site, we had to enable the anonymous users to submit their questions and feedback (add new list items).
So, How to enable Anonymous users to add list items in SharePoint? Follow these steps:
- Go to the list settings >> Permissions for this list
- Click on “Stop Inheriting Permissions” from the Permissions tab of the Ribbon.
- You’ll see the “Anonymous Access” Icon appearing on the ribbon. Click on that.
- Enable “Add Items – Add Items to lists” check box and click “Ok”
- Here is the result in action
Now, anonymous access users can add list items in SharePoint!