9 thoughts on “Delete SharePoint User Profile using PowerShell

• March 5, 2020 at 5:15 PM

How to remove AD disabled/deactivated users from user profile service application. I got to delete these. I am looking for power shell script which can delete disabled users from user profile application.

• September 3, 2019 at 8:39 AM

Please can you tell me where the domain qualifier goes within the section? thanks

• September 4, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Here you go:
      Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

#Configuration Variables
      $SiteURL = “http://your-sharepoint-site-url”
      $DomainPrefix = “Crescent”

#Get Objects
      $ServiceContext = Get-SPServiceContext -site $SiteURL
      $UserProfileManager = New-Object Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager($ServiceContext)

#Ger all User Profiles of a domain
      $UserProfiles = $UserProfileManager.GetEnumerator()

# Loop through user profile
      Foreach ($Profile in $UserProfiles)
      {
      write-host Removing User Profile: $Profile[“AccountName”]

#Remove User Profile
      $UserProfileManager.RemoveUserProfile($profile[“AccountName”])
      }

• September 3, 2019 at 8:11 AM

I am new to powershell – I managed to use your code to delete individual user accounts thank you (they deleted even though I got an error message) BUT when you add the qualifying lines about just finding those from a specific domain can you please tell me where in the entire set of code they actually need to go?
    Thanks

• July 3, 2019 at 2:15 PM

great script! I want to add a minor correction in the removal part should be $UserProfileManager.RemoveUserProfile instead of $ProfileManager.RemoveUserProfile

• January 25, 2019 at 2:33 PM

How about for Sharepoint Online? 🙂 Cannot find the right way to do this.