Requirement: Import term set in SharePoint Online.
How to Import a Term Set from a CSV file in SharePoint Online?
Are you looking to import a term set from a CSV file into SharePoint Online? Well, this guide will walk you through the process. Make sure you have Term store Administrator rights before proceeding.
Here is how to import term sets from a CSV file:
- Open SharePoint Online Admin center as a Tenant administrator or SharePoint Online Admin. (E.g., https://yourdomain-admin.sharepoint.com)
- Click on the “Content services” >> “Term Store” link on the left navigation menu.
- On the term store Management page, select any term group >> Click on “Import term set” >> Click on the “sample-medata.csv” link to download the sample CSV file.
- This gets you a sample CSV file. Open it in Excel, and populate the file as per your requirement.
- Once done, Import the CSV by clicking “Import Term Set” from any respective Term Set Group. Browse and locate the updated CSV file and click “OK” to start importing the term set.
- That’s all. Now, your term store data should be updated from the CSV file.
In conclusion, you can use the “Import term set” feature in the Term store to import multiple term sets from a CSV file in SharePoint Online. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily create a CSV file with the required information and import them in bulk.