Requirement: Import term set in SharePoint Online
How to Import a Term Set from CSV file in SharePoint Online?
Here is how to import term sets from a CSV file.
- Open SharePoint Online Admin center as a Tenant administrator or SharePoint online Admin. (E.g. https://yourdomain-admin.sharepoint.com)
- Click on the “Term Store” link on the left navigation menu.
- On the term store Management page, under the General tab, click on the “View a Sample Import File” link in the “Sample Import” section.
- This gets you a sample CSV file. Open it in Excel, populate the file as per your requirement.
- Once done, Import the CSV by clicking “Import Term Set” from any of the Term Set Group.
Browse and locate the updated CSV file and click “OK” to start importing the term set.
- That’s all. Now your term store data should be updated from the CSV file.