Requirement: Upload a list template in SharePoint 2013! SharePoint 2013 offers many list templates such as Task List, contacts, calendar, etc to create clones. At times, You may have to import a custom list template obtained from other sites into your SharePoint.
How to upload a list template in SharePoint 2013?
SharePoint list templates are XML-based definitions of list settings, such as List fields, List views, and optionally list items. List templates are stored as.stp files. To upload a list template in SharePoint, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Site collection. Click on “Site Settings” gear icon >> Choose “Site Settings”.
- Click on List Templates link under Web Designer Galleries
- From List Templates library, Click on “Upload Document” button from Files Tab
- Browse and Select your List template STP File and Click “OK” to upload the list template to SharePoint
- Provide a Name and Title to the template, Optionally the description.Click “Save” to finish uploading the list template to SharePoint.
- That’s all. Now, If you go to “Add an App” page, you’ll find your list template listed!
PowerShell to Upload list template in SharePoint 2013:
To upload SharePoint list template using PowerShell, refer to this post: How to upload list template in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell