To deliver a better user experience, wanted to show a neatly designed thank you page on submitting a customized SharePoint list form in InfoPath. Although we can customize the standard popup message shown on successful submissions through “Submit Options” under the Data tab, we wanted to customize the entire look and feel.
The idea is: Create a new view for Thank you page and then change the view after submitting data. Here is how to implement a “Thank You” page for InfoPath forms.
- Open your form template in InfoPath Form Designer
- Click on “Page Design” tab and create new view.
- Give a name to your view (say: ThankYou), and place image/text appropriately. Here is mine:
- Create a button for “Submit”. From the ribbon select “Manage Rules”. In the “submit” button’s Rules, Add >> and then Action.
- Submit using Data connections
- Switch to view: ThankYou
That’s all! Now we let the end-user to know, form submitted successfully.