When trying to add the PowerShell module for SharePoint Online, using “Import-Module Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell”, it resulted in the below error in both PowerShell console and in PowerShell ISE.
“Import-Module : The specified module ‘Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Powershell’ was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.”
- Make sure you have SharePoint Online Management Shell installed on the machine you are getting the error. You can download and install SharePoint Online Management Shell from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35588 You can check installed modules by: Get-Module -listavailable
- If you are getting this error in SharePoint Online Management Shell, make sure you removed x86 version of the SharePoint Online management shell from your computer, and Try download and Re-Install 64bit version!
- Try running: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted once
- Run PowerShell or PowerShell ISE as an administrator
- Check the module path to your environment variables How to verify PowerShell Module’s Path?