Requirement: Create a new site collection in SharePoint Online
How to Create a Site Collection in SharePoint Online?
Site collection in SharePoint is a logical group site with a common top-level site and/or zero or more subsites organized as a hierarchy. Every site collection shares a common top site, navigation, security, content types, etc. To create a SharePoint Online Site collection from a web browser, follow these steps:
- Login to SharePoint Admin Center as a tenant admin or SharePoint Online Administrator.
- Click on “Site Collections” from left navigation >> Click on “New” >> and then “Private Site collection” to create a new site collection.
- The New Site Collection page appears. Set properties according to your requirement to create a site collection. Such as:
- Title and description for your new site,
- Site Address (URL path) for the site
- Select the Template for your site collection, typically “Team Site” will do.
- Set the storage quota, site collection Primary owner for the site collection.
- Click OK to start creating a new site collection. Wait for a moment and your site collection should appear in the site collections list.
- Wait for a minute and this creates a new site collection in SharePoint Online.
Create Modern Site Collection in SharePoint Online:
To create a modern team site collection in SharePoint Online, use “New SharePoint admin center”.
- Go to new SharePoint Online Admin Center >> Click on “Create” from “Sites >> Active Sites” node
- Pick either the “Team Site” option to create a modern team site collection with Office 365 group or the “Other Options” to create a modern team site without Office 365 group.
- Pick the template as “Team site”, provide name, Administrator options and click on “Finish” to create a modern site collection in SharePoint Online.
To create a site collection in SharePoint Online using PowerShell, use: How to Create a Site Collection in SharePoint Online using PowerShell?