Requirement: Change Office 365 Group Name using PowerShell
How to change Office 365 Group Name using Admin Center?
Do you want to rename an Office 365 group? Perhaps the name is no longer relevant, your company has decided to go with a new naming convention, or you want to change it for branding purposes. Whatever the reason, We’ll walk you through the steps needed to rename a group. We will also show you how to use PowerShell to change the name of an Office 365 Group.
You can rename Office 365 groups through Microsoft 365 admin center as an admin. Here is how:
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center site: https://admin.microsoft.com
- Expand Groups and Click on the Groups link in the left navigation.
- Select the Office 365 group you wish to rename
- Click on the “Edit” link next to the “Name” column in the details pane.
- On the Edit page, You can change the Office 365 group name and click on “Save” to commit your changes.
Rename Office 365 Group using PowerShell
#Get Credentials to connect $Credential = Get-Credential #Connect to Exchange Online Connect-ExchangeOnline -Credential $Credential -ShowBanner:$False #Rename Office 365 Group Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "[email protected]" -DisplayName "External Vendors Group" #Disconnect Exchange Online Disconnect-ExchangeOnline -Confirm:$False
This sets the display name of the Office 365 group with Email “[email protected]” to “External Vendors Group”