Requirement: Change Office 365 Group Privacy to Private or Public
How to Change Office 365 Group Privacy?
As an admin, you can change the Office 365 group’s privacy through the Microsoft 365 admin center. Here is how:
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center site: https://admin.microsoft.com
- Expand Groups and Click on the Groups link in the left navigation.
- Select the Office 365 group you wish to rename
- Click on the Edit link next to the Name column in the details pane.
- On the Edit page, You can change the Privacy of the Office 365 group by selecting Private or Public from the drop-down.
- Click on “Save” to commit your changes. You should see “The group was updated.” message.
Set Office 365 Group Privacy to Private or Public using PowerShell:
Let’s change the privacy of “[email protected]” group to “Private”.
#Get Credentials to connect $Credential = Get-Credential #Create the session $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ ` -Credential $Credential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection #Import the session Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking #Set Office 365 group's privacy to "Private" Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "[email protected]" -AccessType Private #Remove the session Remove-PSSession $Session
Similarly, you can change the group type to “Public” as:
Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity "[email protected]" -AccessType Public