Requirement: Create Chart from List data in SharePoint Online.
In this blog post, we will show you how to create a chart from list data using the Quick Chart web part in SharePoint Online. We will walk you through the steps of creating a custom chart and then adding it to a SharePoint page.
Here is my SharePoint Online list data:
How to Create Quick Chart from List Data in SharePoint Online?
We can use the Quick chart web part in Modern SharePoint Online sites to build a bar chart or pie chart from list data. Here is how to use the Quick chart web part to create a chart from the list:
- In your Modern SharePoint Online site, create a new page or edit an existing page.
- Click on the “+” icon to add a Web Part. In the web parts popup, search “Quick chart” and you’ll find Quick chart web Part as in the below
- Click on the “Quick Chart” web part to add it to the page.
- Once added, Click on the pencil icon in the quick chart web part area. This opens web part properties in edit mode.
- Select chart type: either “Column” or “Pie”. Specify the option to get the data from the SharePoint list.
- Select the SharePoint list where the chart data resides. Specify the columns for labels and data. optionally set the sort order.
That’s all. This builds a chart in SharePoint Online with a few clicks!