Requirement: Track all delete operations in SharePoint.
How to Configure Audit Settings to Track Deletes in SharePoint?
We can Track All Deletes in a SharePoint site collection using Audit Log Feature in three steps:
Step 1: Make sure Reporting Feature is activated:
- Go to “Site Settings” >> Click on “Site collection features” under “Site Collection Administration”
- Find “Reporting” Feature and Click on “Activate”.
Step 2: Configure Audit Log Settings to Track Delete
- Go to “Site Settings” >> Click on “Site collection audit settings” under “Site Collection Administration”
- Enable “Deleting or restoring items” Checkbox and click on “OK”
Step 3: View all Delete Events
Once the auditing feature is configured to capture deletes, you can view the list of delete events captured from:
- Go to “Site Settings” >> Click on “Audit log reports” under “Site Collection Administration”
- Select “Deletions” Report.
This Opens the report in Microsoft Excel with all delete events occurred in the site collection (after the audit log configured to capture deletes!)